Recover Deleted Messages from Instagram: If you’ve accidentally deleted a message on Instagram, you may wonder if there’s a way to retrieve it. Instagram’s direct messaging feature is a convenient way to stay connected with people in your life. You can engage with your best friend’s stories, catch up with colleagues, or reach out to someone who shares your interests.
Deleting messages and chats is incredibly easy and can be done with a simple touch. Although it can free up storage on your smartphone, it can be inconvenient if you have essential plans or need to find receipts in that chat.
For various reasons, recovering deleted messages from Instagram is sometimes possible.
The method we’re about to share doesn’t guarantee a 100% success rate in recovering deleted messages. So, don’t get your hopes up too high. For instance, it didn’t work for us during our test. Despite extensive online research, we have yet to find an alternative method for recovering deleted messages, although there have been reports of some users successfully doing so.
To access the method, you must request an archive of your Instagram data from Instagram’s website. Once you have the files on your desktop, you can quickly locate the deleted message.
If you’re reading this guide as a precaution, it’s important to regularly follow the steps below to back up your data and record your messages before they get deleted.
However, if you’re new to this guide, you probably have a particular deleted message in mind. Please continue reading to discover how you may still have a chance to retrieve it.
What you’ll need:
1. An Instagram account
2. Processing time for your request can take up to 48 hours.
The Short Version
1. Access your Instagram account through your web browser.
2. Go to your Privacy and Security settings.
3. Scroll down to the section labeled Data Download and click on the Request Download button.
4. Please verify your information and await an email confirmation.
5. Click on the download link to retrieve your data.
6. Please open the file and take a look at the Messages folder.
Ways to Recover Deleted Messages from Instagram
1. Visit Instagram.com on your web browser.
2. Please log in to your account.
3. Visit your profile
4. Click on “Edit Profile.”
5. Please select the option for Privacy and Security.
6. Just scroll down and give it a click. Download Request
7. Please proceed to the next step to verify your email address and select your preferred information format.
8. Please provide your password and click on the “Request Download” button.
9. After receiving the email, click on “Download Information.”
10. Download the information.
11. Check out the Messages folder for a collection of your chats!
What happens if this doesn’t work?
If Instagram cannot recover your deleted messages from its servers, you can consider using a third-party app to assist you in locating them. It’s essential to use a reliable app and remember there’s no guarantee it will work.
To ensure the recovery of deleted Instagram messages, it is recommended to regularly back up all your data using the method mentioned.
How to recover deleted messages from a friend
Ask them to forward the message if you’re conversing with a friend. It will still be visible on their end. This method is effective if you have already made arrangements and have removed the message indicating the time and location of your meeting.
Can I retrieve deleted comments on Instagram?
To recover deleted messages from Instagram, tap on the red banner when you hit delete.